More about Juliet Richters
My editing career has included:
- verifying all factual details in articles in consumer magazine Which?
- compiling published texts from multiple versions of theatrical performance transcripts and conference presentations
- structural editing of social science books that originated as academic theses
- editing practical books on home improvement, needlecraft, gardening and travel, and lots of cookery books
- writing clear, simple definitions for the Pocket Macquarie Dictionary, aimed at struggling high school students
- compiling news items for professionals in reproductive and sexual health
- fact-checking and making sure that claims of scientific fact are supported by the references cited, especially in contentious areas
- editing three peer-reviewed journals in public health and sexual health
- editing health leaflets for translation into community languages
- editing journal papers, community reports, posters, presentations and media releases for major research projects
- indexing cookery books, textbooks and academic journals, and books on natural history, sociology, politics, law, pharmacology and public health
- and such oddities as checking Shakespeare quotations in original spelling, proofreading fourth-century Latin text, and translating worldwide menus into French.
For a full list of works edited and indexed,click here.